In 1996 Rila Publications launched CME Bulletin ORL-HNS, the first Royal College of Surgeons and British Association of Otolaryngologists Head & Neck Surgeons approved Continuing Medical Education (CME) journal. Over the next several years Rila developed a range of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and CME journals for other medical specialties including:
- CPD Anaesthesia (accredited for CPD by the Royal College of Anaesthetists and Hong Kong College of Anaesthetists)
- Acute Medicine – Official Journal of The Society for Acute Medicine (UK)
- Clinical Biochemistry – Accredited for CPD by the Royal College of Pathologists and Institute of Biomedical Sciences
- Geriatric Medicine – Official journal of British Geriatric Society
- The Otorhinolaryngologist– accredited for CPD by ENT-UK, official Publication of The Young Consultant Otolaryngologists Head & Neck Surgeons and The Association of Otolaryngologists in Training
Rila also publishes Clinical Focus Primary Care, the official journal of the International Primary Care Association.
All Rila journals are cited in the prestigious Embase databases and Acute Medicine journal is indexed and included in MEDLINE and searchable in PubMed.
Journals are available in paper format or accessible online. Both versions include Higher Order Thinking assessment questions linked to an online marking system allowing verifiable confirmation of CPD participation and performance. Healthcare professionals are able to include the activity for appraisal and revalidation purposes.
In addition to the journals Rila publishes a number of medical books under the umbrella title of “Clinical Diagnosis” e.g. The nose. Optometry, postmenopausal gynaecology.